What should you expect?
First things first. It's your wedding and whatever you want the piper to do, he will do his utmost to do so.
However incase you are a bit unsure, Alistair has put together a typical itinerary that the piper is normally asked to perfom:
- Pipe as the guests arrive at the wedding venue
- Often the bride will be piped down the aisle
- It is also traditional that the piper plays as the happy couple walk back up the isle
- Pipe for the guests as photographs are taken at the wedding venue and then again at the reception venue as guests arrive
- Pipe the bride and groom to the top table for the dinner
Once the bride and groom are at their table the piper will usually pipe himself out of the room and that is usually the end of his services.
Of course you can add any variation to the above and due to his experience, Alistair should be more than capable of accomodating you.